Thursday, March 26, 2020

Going slow is OK


Boy, the lists of suggestions to keep us busy and productive during our isolation are endless! 



I'll admit, I'm also guilty of making grand plans in my mind, pushing my kids to stick to a schedule and really wanting to use this time to accomplish something really cool and creative and earth shatteringly brilliant.  


But, the truth is, I'm finding that some days I'm on task and sticking to the plot script, and other days it feels like I have to pause just to catch up.  Like when you are watching a psychological-mystery-thriller (is that even a genre?) and the dialogue is all in heavy Scottish accents (sorry, my UK friends) and every scene is taking place in a dark alley and in order to process and digest and "get it", you have to grab the remote, maybe rewind for a minute (yes, this is a 1986 VHS playing in my analogy) and rewatch that part again.  Or, perhaps you end up being that guy who asks, "What'd he say? Wait, who's this? Umm, why are they going there?" 

Either way, sometimes you have to stop to regroup until you are ready to proceed with your new perspective.  And that's what is happening now. I find it's necessary to slow down, dig down into whatever grounds me and connects me to something deeper and higher than myself.  

So, this post isn't a 'to do' list. It's short and to the point, I hope. 
BREATHE.
Be patient with yourself. 
BREATHE.
Take one thing at a time. 
BREATHE. 
Control that which you can.
BREATHE.
And don't worry if you don't get what's going on at every moment of the day.


  
May you find peace, love and joy in each day. Take good care of yourself so you are able be good to others as well.  

Much love! xoxox

P.S. I walk several times a day- with or without music. One of my favorite albums is called "Wheels of Light" by Beautiful Chorus. Each acapella song is a positive affirmation chanted repeatedly for several minutes. It's a meditative and calming collection of songs to add to your tool box of self-care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

4 Easy Things

By now we are all somewhat accustomed to our new work-life situation.  Like it or not, here we are. Without the ergonomics of profess...